First of all, what is Growth Hacking?
Growth Hacking is the set of innovative techniques that allow rapid growth using different tools and resources. In order to understand Growth Hacking, let’s break down the expression :
- Growth : The Growth Hacker creates Hacks, innovative marketing actions whose main objective is rapid growth.
- Hacking : Here we must understand Hacking in the sense of breaking marketing. Hacks break the traditional approach. It also refers to the “Life Hacker”, an individual who uses his imagination to improve his life.
Let’s see how the Growth Hacking will follow the user and allow the startup, VSE or SME to find the way to growth. Without knowing it, the user is led to follow a conversion tunnel. This process takes place in 5 steps…which the company must provoke and control! Here we go, you will quickly understand how these 5 steps work….
Mix between inboud marketing and outbound marketing, the acquisition is the step consisting in going to seek the prospect where he does not expect to attract him towards his website or his application.
But how do I acquire?
- Through partnerships with complementary non-competing companies
- By referencing your site with SEO techniques
- hrough promotion on social networks and the link with influencers
- By a newsletter or emailing actions to retain the Internet user
- Through contests and events
- By using Google Adwords
- By creating a blog to attract visitors to your site
The purpose of activation in growth hacking is to transform the visitor into a user. You must offer high value-added content that encourages them to create an account or subscribe to a newsletter.
How to activate and transform a visitor into a user?
- Propose a free guide with compulsory registration for downloading
- Using A/B testing
- Retargeting to get users back
- Gamify (offer a game on Facebook with friends invited to participate to compare scores or earn points).
- By offering discount codes.
It’s about keeping your customers, getting them back and getting your customers to recommend you.
How to retain your clients and benefit from recommendations ?
- Send an email if your target hasn’t opened his newsletter for a long time or hasn’t bought for several weeks
- Conduct surveys to improve the customer experience
- Retargeting former clients. In concrete terms, when the user leaves your website, he will see an advertisement inviting him to return to yoursite when he browses another site. It’s retargeting advertising. It is a more personalized technique because it is linked to the individual navigation of the Internet user.
It’s about identifying potential ambassadors for your brand. Why? Because the most active users will encourage less active users to be more active. By sharing content or recommending your products or services to their entourage, they multiply your visibility and the contribution of new potential customers.
How to recruit ambassadors to increase its visibility?
- Invite them to share on social networks
- Send invitations by email
- Reward in exchange for an invitation or sharing
- Propose the import of the contact database
- Ask your client to recommend your product or service
It is essential to measure these actions to see if it works or test new actions so as not to waste time and money. We have to think about monetization. The objective remains growth and targeting of qualified users.
The example of Lush’s Growth Hacking.
Have fun Hacking !